Tuesday, February 10, 2009

1/16 Dragon Signaller, HG Div, Tunisia 1943 finished

I finished my HG Signaller. The name plate is temporary - I was experimenting. Once the figure was attached to the base I ground some pastels and worked it up from ground to the trousers to simulate the dusty environment and tie the figure into the base. This was my first large scale figure and I rather enjoyed working with the bigger scale. The camouflage was a fun challenge as well. However just after I had finished the smock I happened across a couple of stills from a colour newsreel showing HG troops surrenduring to the Americans in Tunisia. They were wearing the same kind of camo smock and you guessed it - spring (green) side out. Oh well. If I pick up another one of these I may convert it.



Click on the thumbnails below for a larger image.
















GB

No comments: